Service experience design, 2016
Emoji night aimed at giving social engagement solution for seniors in information age. We have gone through three part of process: looking, understanding and making.
Bingo night is out, Go emoji night!
Toolkits: Design Research, Adobe Creative Suite
Role: User Research, User Interview, Prototyping
How might we encourage social and physical interaction among older adults at Senior Planet?
Prototype supported by field research, user analysis, SET analysis, user journey and iteration.
We talked with seniors and observed their activities to understand the troubles they have been experiencing in this information age.
1.Hard to find liked-minded friends
2.Prefer physical social engagement
3.Too shy to start conversation first
Product Opportunity 1: To make digital technology more older friendly within online service
- Digital interface too complex for seniors
- It is hard for seniors to handle overwhelming information
- Many seniors have no access to digital teach due to the old living habit
Product Opportunity 2: To make it easier to create a hobby group among older adults
- Seniors have the requirement on find mates
- Seniors have plenty of time to enjoy life after retirement
- Seniors are willing to develop a hobby which they desire from youth.
Product Opportunity 3: To create more physical active social opportunities
- Even seniors do online activities, it will lead to physical meeting in the end
- Seniors consider outdoor activity as a good thing for their health
- Seniors prefer to meet with old friends instead of making new friend
Emoji Night with Emoji T-shirt machine to make emoji personal T-shirt, then wear it enjoy the "Emoji Night" party.
Emoji could talk itself -- Pick emojis which could on behalf of yourself. I like dancing, then I choose💃🏼.
Emoji night is a social engagement, the process seniors teach each other to make emoji T-shirt also a social engagement.
We did another field research in Senior Planet with our prototype and storyboard and got exciting feedback: Social engagement not only happens on site in the emoji night, but also happens naturally when senior help each other making the emoji T-shirt instead of seeking help from tutor's .